[OSM-talk] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Éric Gillet gill3t.3ric+osm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 19:20:17 UTC 2017

> On 13/11/2017 19:36, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
>
> > That's why I think Sophox is a much better and safer alternative to
> JOSM's autofixes.
>
> At the risk of repeating something that's been said multiple times
> previously, with JOSM autofixes you're performing edits in an area where
> you've already edited.  You're presumably somewhat familiar with what's
> there (you may even have actually visited in person and seen what it looks
> like on the ground).

The data one have edited is automatically validated before upload by JOSM
validator, but you can also use it to validate and auto-fix any area you
have downloaded, without any prior "manual" edits. It's a bit convoluted of
a process, but it can be used like that to do mass edits. So comparing it
to OSM Quick-fix seems valid to me, even if JOSM is our beloved editor.