[OSM-talk] weeklyOSM #382 2017-11-07-2017-11-13

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Thu Nov 23 00:32:49 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 22 November 2017, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> Worth noting that WeeklyOSM is produced alongside and seeded by the
> German Wochennotiz. I don't sprechen sufficient Deutsch to be
> certain, but it looks like the German original[1] is more carefully
> worded and less presumptuous. So the controversial second half is
> very possibly just a clumsy translation.

For understanding - and i don't want to support any further attempts in
telling the WeeklyOSM team how to do their work with that - the German
version uses the term 'uneinsichtig' - which might also be translated
as unregenerate.

My attempt at a translation of the German text would be:

"Yuri is perceived by many in this discussion, in a similar way as in
previous discussions, as unreasonable/unregenerate and questions the
relevancy of the unwritten rules of OSM."

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/