[OSM-talk] What would make MapRoulette better?

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Nov 24 17:18:14 UTC 2017

Hoi Joost, Mike, James,

The Skipped status merely indicates that one user has decided to skip it, but that does not preclude others from seeing it. They will see the ‘Skipped’ status so they know that a user has previously skipped it, but otherwise it’s still in the pool with all other active tasks.

I had an idea once to keep a skipped counter so after a defined number of users skipping the same task it would be taken out of the pool. That information does live in the database, so technically this is possible to implement. Of course as a challenge owner you’re welcome to pull the statuses of your tasks at any time and do what you want with them based on that information.

Martijn