[OSM-talk] finding overlapping buildings

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 20:37:03 UTC 2017

Pierre,

Here is a script to select buildings that are not square (not orthogonal):

https://github.com/MikeTho16/JOSM-Scripts
SelectNonOrthogonalBuilding.js
<https://github.com/MikeTho16/JOSM-Scripts/blob/master/SelectNonOrthogonalBuilding.js>

To Run:
* Install JOSM's Scripting Plugin
* Place above file in a convenient location on your system
* Click "Scripting" (on top menu bar)
* Click "Run"
* Click "..." button and select this file.
* Click "Run"

Selects building which are not orthogonal, that is buildings where all
corners do no measure 90 degrees, with the following exceptions:
* Inline vertices (angles of 180 degrees) are ignored.
* Regular polygons are not selected as these are likely to be
approximations of circles or otherwise valid.
* There is a tolerance of +/- 1 degree.

The selected buildings are added to the current selection.

Mike