[OSM-talk] New tool/API to find local OSM mailing lists by location

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 21:43:21 UTC 2017

On 25/11/2017 19:18, joost schouppe wrote:
> That's really cool. What would it take to merge more sources in there?
> For example the main community e-mail address, their activities
> calendar, their riot/telegram/slack group? Maybe a structured wiki
> page could be the source?

Firstly, it's a great idea...

However, it's going to need more than just geographical information I
think - for example for the Netherlands community I'd use the forum for
contact rather than the talk-nl mailing list, whereas for IE/GB/UK it's
the other way around.  It'd also need people to be able to say e.g. "in
$country we mostly use $other_service and you can contact us via ....".
Maybe it's possible to see how many posts in each list/forum have been
made and see which is the one that people actually use?

Best Regards,

Andy