[OSM-talk] Fixing wiki* -> brand:wiki*

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:32:23 UTC 2017

pon, 2. lis 2017. u 14:49 Ilya Zverev <ilya at zverev.info> napisao je:

> Exactly. OSM uses the reversed notation:
>
> ref:velobike is a ref for velobike, not velobike for ref.
> source:geometry is a source for geometry, not geometry for source.
>
> Wikipedia for brand should also be wikipedia:brand. This way all wikipedia
> links are grouped.

Your examples are the minority here. Most often before the colon is the
subject, and after the colon is its attribute. Just go to this link to see
most uses of the colon:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=%3A

addr:housenumber=3, house number is an attribute (or a part) of the whole
address
source:date=2017-07-07, date is an attribute of the source tag. It is not
the source of the date provided.
building:levels=4, number of levels is an attribute of the building
social_facility:for=seniors, who is the social facility for is an attribute
of the social facility
church:type=parish, type of the church is an attribute of the church

On the entire first page there are only two tags that use colons as you
said; ref*:*bag on place #10 and ref*:*ruian*:*building on place #34.

That's why, when I created the original Wikidata proposal, I suggested
brand:wikidata. Because Wikidata ID is an attribute of the brand.

Janko