[OSM-talk] All the subway systems in the world

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Wed Oct 4 22:21:28 UTC 2017

Hi Ilya,

Am 30.09.2017 um 18:35 schrieb Ilya Zverev:
> I have made a script that parses and validates subway systems. It prints the number of subway lines and stations that an automated system can extract from the OpenStreetMap data. See the latest report here (these are updated manually for now):
>
> http://osmz.ru/subways/
>
> It is still in beta: it doesn't use networks and omits many non-european cities. We plan to employ it for maps.me, so it would be the first app that does world-wide subway routing using only OSM data. To make tagging subway systems uniform and usable, I've compiled a list of practices on this page:

Why does your validator find lots of errors on the S-Bahn relations in
Berlin? I don't understand what's wrong with:
> stop node 1806004219 is not connected to a station in route (relation 14981, "S-Bahnlinie S41: Innenring im Uhrzeigersinn")

The stop node is on a way referenced by the route relation.

Best regards

Michael

PS I am working on a Public Transport version 2 validator, too.
https://github.com/geofabrik/osmi_pubtrans3