[OSM-talk] All the subway systems in the world

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Sat Oct 7 14:02:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 2017-10-07 um 09:11 schrieb Roland Olbricht:
> I strongly suggest to oppose the proposal. To do so, you need to add
>
> {{vote|no}} --[[User:<Username>|<Name or username>]] date
>
> under the headline == Voting == once voting is opened. Said in short:
> Adding more contradictions and confusion in public transport mapping
> makes a too complex topic worse in terms of complexity.
>
> In detail, there is a whole bunch of reasons
>
> […]

I agree with the reasons given by Roland although I would not write them
that harsh.

There is another reason why I oppose. The proposals suggests the usage
of light_rail=yes and route=light_rail but the Public Transport version
2 schema it is based on does not contain the route type "light_rail".
That type was added after the voting (not by the author of the
proposal). I don't really know why the original proposal does not
contain this type but "light_rail" was abused a lot at that time
(2010/2011), mainly for many German S-Bahn systems which are normal trains.

Thank you, user Weide, for pointing me to this issue.
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=666777#p666777

Best regards

Michael