[OSM-talk] Redacting 75, 000 street names contributed by user chdr

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 10 01:36:51 UTC 2017

Thanks
Pierre

    Le lundi 9 octobre 2017 21:16:19 HAE, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> a écrit :

 Hi,

On 10/10/2017 02:54 AM, Pierre Béland wrote:
> Hi  Frederik, as a bad armchar mapper, I have revised  the Quebec
> highway names before redaction, validating names with an acceptable
> source + adding source:name=geobase.ca.

I took some precautions to "save" names; if you have indeed modified a
name then it should not have been affected. If the name stayed the same
and you just added the source tag then I'll probably have killed the
name. I had that on the radar once (check for added source:name) but it
seems I forgot. I still have the raw data and I'll write a quick script
that finds these cases and restores the names.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik at remote.org  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"