[OSM-talk] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 08:49:38 UTC 2017

Lester, the naming of this service is still a work in progress, and might
have confused a few people.  My apologies for that.  I do plan to create a
proper name, logo, domain name, and SSL certificate once I have some spare
time.  If anyone wants to take care of that, your help is appreciated.

The new tool is not about the Wikidata database. My database could contain
just the OSM data and this tool would be just as functional. The service
shares some of the technology that was built for Wikidata, and it has a
clone of the Wikidata database which some of the queries may optionally use
if they want to.  But if you look at the quick fixes page, there are 20
queries that do not use Wikidata, and only one query that does.  So again,
lets discuss the merits of this tool, just like Tobias did above, and leave
the Wikidata out of this conversation, as it is not relevant.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_fixes