[OSM-talk] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon Oct 16 11:25:37 UTC 2017

On Monday 16 October 2017, Marc Gemis wrote:
> I was thinking about possible changes to the tool that would make it
> a useful tool for the community, and at the same time not violating
> any policy.

Sure, if you want to do that.

In my opinion there is however not really a need for more tools in that
field.  I don't think anyone who wants to do an automated edit in
compliance with the guidelines is seriously limited by the lack of
suitable tools.  Most smaller tag editing tasks will be served very
well by Overpass+JOSM and for larger tasks (which are very rare) you
will want a fully scripted solution and not something interactive.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/