[OSM-talk] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:02:31 UTC 2017

Rory, thanks, and that's why I think it is a bad idea to do bot edits
without first running it through my tool.  If we do a mass edit, we have to
go through a very lengthy community consensus study, which might still miss
things. Then the bot developer might still make an error that is not likely
to be caught for quiet some time, until it is very hard to revert. On the
other hand, if a query is made, reviewed by community, and later many
people try going through it, accepting and rejecting changes, we will know
if we caught all the corner cases like the one you just gave. If noone has
rejected anything for a long time, a bot can simply pick up the query and
finish running it.  Much safer.

As for "community consensus" - TBH, very hard to define.