[OSM-talk] Publishing bot code. GPL or AGPL?

Safwat Halaby swiftfast at gmx.com
Tue Oct 17 16:27:29 UTC 2017

I understand that GPLv3 has a loophole in which someone could modify
your GPL-licensed code, and then run it on a server which offers some
service. Since a service is being sent over the wire, and not the
executable itself, then they can keep their modified code private. AGPL
prevents this loophole.

Does the same logic apply for OSM bots? Would someone using a
personally modified GPL'ed bot not have to publish it? Should I use
AGPL instead if I wish to force any bot user to publish the code?