[OSM-talk] Misrepresentation of OSM by HOT?

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon Oct 23 09:08:36 UTC 2017

I recently turned up on the HOT tasking manager page
(http://tasks.hotosm.org/) and found the page is now presenting itself
tautologically as an "OpenStreetMap Collaborative Mapping" portal with
no indication except for the small logo on top that this is a separate
project with no official character.  At the same time it seems (at a
first glance) there is not a single link on the site to OpenStreetMap.
To the visitor unfamiliar with OSM this is quite likely to generate the
impression that this is OSM and that contributing to "OpenStreetMap
Collaborative Mapping" always happens via HOT tasks.

In my eyes this is a fairly clear misrepresentation of OpenStreetMap not
covered by the trademark policy we now have.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/