[OSM-talk] Adding wikidata tags to the remaining objects with only wikipedia tag

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 10:33:11 UTC 2017

> On 25 October 2017 at 10:06, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > wikidata objects often don't say what they are about
> > (besides the name), they are just a bunch of links to wikipedia articles
> in
> > different languages
>
> Once again, please stop making things up.

I was replying to "A Wikidata tag is just as verifiable as Wikipedia tag",
and that's not true, there are significant differences which don't make the
two interchangeable.

Here's an example for major confusion:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1368377
(e.g. English and Italian version describe different "things", wikidata
describes a "mixture").
there are also
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q3734793
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q3734597