[OSM-talk] Topology rules

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:00:48 UTC 2017

A problem i find is with landuse=forest. Formally, those are zones that are
used for growing trees. But practically in OSM, that tag is used for any
land that is covered with trees. So formally, landuse=forest shouldn't
overlap with other zones, but practically, until a new tag
(landcover=trees) is rendered, this rule isn't going to be followed.

Getting off topic, I think you want natural=wood :

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dwood