[OSM-talk] Woods vs Forests

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 27 11:28:09 UTC 2017

On 27/10/2017 11:49, Tomas Straupis wrote:

>    If we make no such distinction, then in order to be topographically
> correct, we would have to "cut out" (create multipolygons) for each
> small wood areas with 10 trees inside say residential area.

Well, depending if it's a communal area or privately owned (& whether I
can be bothered), I have done that. People don't, generally, live in trees.

Referring back to your previous comment about not overlapping; you
appear to assume that 'landuse' is being used as the key.

The confusion of having two primary 'keys' for the same object is my
main point.

>    Fine. Let's say in higher level there is only one "forest". Then my
> topic moves one layer down and stays exactly the same otherwise.
>    What I'm talking is about virtual hierarchy.
>    OSM tagging comes AFTER that.

As I map & tag what I see in reality; could you expand on what you mean
by "virtual hierarchy"?

DaveF

---