[OSM-talk] Sudden influx of bad HOTosm edits in West Bank

Safwat Halaby swiftfast at gmx.com
Sun Oct 29 21:58:11 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-10-29 at 20:13 +0100, Blake Girardot HOT/OSM wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I SomeoneElse mentioned this in our HOT IRC channel.
>
> I have already asked the project creator to take a look.
>
> But, are you sure they are bad edits? did you use the 2016 imagery
> specified in the mapping projet?
>
> For example, change set 53330616, the first one i randomly looked at
> from you list looks like bad editing until you use the 2016 imagery,
> please see the linked to two images below, one with Bing/DG Premium
> (they
> look the same) and one with the imagery supplied with the project.
>
> So, please let us not rush to revert if you are not using the
> proper imagery.
>
> As I said, I will or someone else from HOT will look into it further,
> thank you very much for bringing it to our attention, as well as the
> other issues you pointed out, which I have not had a chance to look
> at
> yet.
>
> https://screenpresso.com/=l5lhb (old bing)
>
> https://screenpresso.com/=TPYpg (new aerial)

I apologize for spamming the list with multiple split messages. Had
some technical issues. Last message in the series:

I'm afraid I suspect you're not using QA tools properly. Specifically
in JOSM, click the MIDDLE button to to reveal old buildings buried
beneath the newer buildings.

Also, JOSM will not show you when the users deleted buildings and then
re-added them. You'll only see the new buildings.

Also, these are not your typical newbie errors.