[OSM-talk] Fixing 850+ disambiguation errors

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Sat Sep 9 12:18:38 UTC 2017

On 09.09.17 07:09, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
> Hello mappers! Could anyone help with over 800 OSM objects that are
> pointing to Wikipedia disambiguation pages? Especially Polish
> community - 588. You can get the currently broken ones by running the
> query below (you may want to modify it a bit to list more relevant
> objects).  If you feel brave, there are also 25,000+ objects with
> incorrect Wikipedia tags. Thanks!
>
> Main: OSM disambig query
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SPARQL_examples#OSM_objects_linking_to_Wikipedia_disambiguation_pages>
> Direct: http://tinyurl.com/ya4lhmt8
>
> Bad Wikipedia tag - could be because non-existent title, or a
> redirect, or because Wikidata item hasn't been created yet: query
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SPARQL_examples#Objects_whose_Wikipedia_tag_does_not_exist_in_Wikidata>
>
> The current statistics for Disambig pages, per corresponding Wikipedia
> site:
> // generated with http://tinyurl.com/yarkdy53
>
> https://pl.wikipedia.org/588
> https://en.wikipedia.org/74
> unknown36
> https://de.wikipedia.org/24
> https://sv.wikipedia.org/18
> https://cs.wikipedia.org/17
> https://zh.wikipedia.org/8
> https://uk.wikipedia.org/7
> https://vi.wikipedia.org/7
> https://ru.wikipedia.org/5
> https://ja.wikipedia.org/5

Hello Yuri,

I've just corrected couple of such disambiguation errors for "uk" and
"ru" Wikipedia versions. I noticed that after the correction the
corrected particular errors disappear from the consequent query results.
Not immediately, but after about 3 - 4 minutes.

Here is a query to display only errors for "ru" Wikipedia version (or
any other language version). I am not sure if it is optimal but at least
it displays correct results, - only for one language version of Wikipedia.

SELECT ?osmId ?wdLabel ?wd ?wpTag WHERE {
?osmId osmt:wikidata ?wd .
OPTIONAL { ?osmId osmt:wikipedia ?wpTag . }
?wd wdt:P31/wdt:P279* wd:Q4167410 .
FILTER( STRSTARTS(STR(?wpTag), 'https://ru.wikipedia')) .
SERVICE wikibase:label { bd:serviceParam wikibase:language "ru" . }
}
LIMIT 10

I have a question. If it is possible to display nodes on the OSM map
which has got the "wikidata=*" tag, but which do not have an "image"
statement on the Wikidata page with this tool? For example, this
Wikidata page does have already the "image" statement:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q17523970

I am interested in Wikidata items which do not have an image statement,
but which are present on the OSM map.

It would be also interesting to display the list of Wikipedia articles
which have got the geographical coordinates in the article itself, but
which do not have wikipedia=* or wikidata=* tag on the OSM map in the
vicinity of the point with these coordinates.

With best regards,

Oleksiy