[OSM-talk] Transferring OSMTracker for Android development to the OpenStreetMap organization

Nicolas Guillaumin nicolas+osm at guillaumin.me
Sun Sep 17 19:32:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm the author of the OSMTracker for Android application:
https://github.com/nguillaumin/osmtracker-android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.guillaumin.android.osmtracker

As people have probably noticed, development has more or less halted
since a few years because I lack the time and motivation to continue
working on the app. A factor has been that I moved to places where the
OSM map is complete, so I'm not even using the app. myself anymore :)

Pull requests and bug reports are regularly coming though, so I'd like
to transfer the code to the OpenStreetMap GitHub organization so that
someone can take over and continue maintaining & improving it. Ideally:
- Transfer the GitHub project to the OSM organization
- Transfer the Transifex project too, for translations
- Remove the app. from the Google Play Store under my name, so that it
can be re-published by OpenStreetMap / the new maintainer(s)

I'm not sure this mailing list is the best place to discuss this, but
there are so many communication channels these days that I wasn't sure
where to post. Let me know if there's a better place, and if anyone is
interested to take over?

Thanks,

Nico