[OSM-talk] DWG survey on organised editing

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 05:08:27 UTC 2017

> The Data Working Group is conducting a survey as part of its work on a
> policy covering paid mapping.

Thanks for this, I think it's an important topic. In Argentina we're
dealing with an organization or program that is "teaching" school
teachers to map (more like telling them to do it without any actual
instruction). This leads to thousands of accounts making <5 edits
each, usually breaking something in the process, and the local mapper
community is struggling to identify them and keep up with the cleanup.
I can elaborate on this particular case if you're interested (too
tired for that right now).

> The survey is available at https://osm-dwg.limequery.org/741554

Grammar error or typo: "Individual mappers can expected to
communicate". Is this supposed to be "can expect to" or "can be
expected to"?

--
Nicolás