[OSM-talk] Adding wikidata tags to the remaining objects with only wikipedia tag

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Wed Sep 20 17:46:40 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 20 September 2017, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:

> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Municipalities_of_
>Germany
>
> I think if you suggest it there, they will be happy to add it,
> allowing OSM objects to be properly tagged. Or just contribute there
> :)

But i don't think there is anything wrong with how wikidata represents
things - for Hamburg wikidata for example has a single item:

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1055

which represents both the administrative unit and the populated place -
which is perfectly fine.  And OSM does differentiate between them which
is also fine.

Why should i attempt to change their data model to be identical to that
of OSM (which would be a hopeless endeavor anyway because how things
are represented in OSM is constantly changing)?

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/