[OSM-talk] Wheelchair accessibility

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 21 05:22:06 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-20 23:10, john whelan wrote:
> I was at a presentation yesterday evening about accessibility, well it
> was free coffee what more can I say?
>
> All Ottawa buses have two spaces for wheelchairs.  We map wheelchair
> accessible toilets and other things for the map but we currently as
> far as I am aware we don't include information on things that move.
>
> Should we and how would you do it?
>
> For example I understand in the UK there are problems at many railway
> stations.  Perhaps mapping railway stations as being wheelchair
> accessible or not would be a start.

Bus routes (public transport routes in general) get mapped with
weelchair=yes. Totally acceptable to do so to signify that the route is
accesible with a wheelchair.
E.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4257112
I would map public transport nodes and ways (the platform and
stop_position) with wheelchair too.

Maarten