[OSM-talk] An import in New Zealand, assistance requested

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 03:39:55 UTC 2017

On 17 August 2017 at 01:29, Richard <ricoz.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> soneone else has to answer that but I was under the impression that
> the LINZ has been looked at in detail. It seems to be an import effort
> that is underway since many years.

yes, but they keep adding more and more detail to the "LINZ" pile.
LINZ is an intermediary (although they also produce data, to make
things more complicated), they host data for several councils, central
government and other orgs in NZ. to claim that because some data
(roads) has been cleared, does not mean that all subsequent data
downloaded from LINZ is also cleared.

> Otoh my questions about LINZ imports were answered adequately. I would
> guess it is a country with a low number of mappers per square kilometer
> as you call it. Sometimes it happens they import the waterfalls long
> before the waterways belonging to them..

AKL is dense enough that there are hundreds of mappers (maybe not all active...)

--
robin