[OSM-talk] An import in New Zealand, assistance requested

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 03:45:14 UTC 2017

On 2 September 2017 at 05:07, Éric Gillet <gill3t.3ric+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well it seems as if exactly -that- wasn't happening which is why this
>> thread was started in the first place. Seems however that the brakes have
>> been put on now, see

the brakes have not been put on; every day, hundreds/thousands more
buildings are added. one mapper listened to what i said and stopped,
but still no change. no mention anywhere of the new data set, or any
published information on how to merge, etc.

> I do not see any reference to such problem in OP.
>
> If the original plan didn't include building, that's fine by me to stop
> because importing building is wholly different from roads.

correct. original plan was roads, plus some other data detailed in the
linz2osm tool. buildings is "only" one more set of data, but it is
*huge*.

--
robin