[OSM-talk] Label language on the Default stylesheet

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Mon Sep 25 09:57:52 UTC 2017

On 9/24/2017 11:01 PM, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
> [...]For example, we have a label 北京市 for Beijing, a label موريتانيا for
> Mauritania, and a label Magyarország for Hungary.
>
> The openstreetmap-carto team quite frequently receives requests to
> (additionally) display labels in English (or in any case the
> Latin-alphabet). [...]

Why not use the Latin language itself for an additional label to
non-Latin alphabet titles? It is readily available in Google translator
and also in Wikipedia. Here are these titles in Latin:

https://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pechinum

https://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungaria

https://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauritania

Best regards,