[OSM-talk] Adding wikidata tags to the remaining objects with only wikipedia tag

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 03:14:24 UTC 2017

> moving it here.  I believe I acted in good faith according to the mechanical
> edit policy - discussed with the community, and proceeded.

I believe the mechanical edit polity demands that you discuss with the
*local* community. That means if your edit modifies items in e.g.
Mexico, Belgium and Japan, you have to discuss your edit with the
communities in Mexico, Belgium and Japan. This might also mean that
you have to discuss it via Telegram, Facebook, email, IRC, etc.
depending on where that local community is.

The talk mailing list is not sufficient.

regards

m.