[OSM-talk] Downloading Version 3 of all bus stops in a country

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 21:18:51 UTC 2017

Just a clarification, I'm not against imports and I have been involved in a
number as I'm sure Frederik will recall but it's important to me that the
data to be imported is of good quality, is correctly licensed and is merged
with existing data.  In the case of bus stops that means including tags
previously mapped such as shelter and wheelchair=yes and not just deleting
the old and dropping in the new.

Mappers who have spent time tagging deserve their efforts should be
recorded.  Although I sometimes have my doubts about a mapper who has
mapped once for half an hour and added a very inaccurate building tagged as
an apartment block in a small African village but in general it should be
followed.

Cheerio John