[OSM-talk] Fixing wiki* -> brand:wiki*

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Wed Sep 27 14:26:43 UTC 2017

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 15:59:34 +0200
Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> "amenity:wikidata=Q123456" on something that is, say, an ice cream
> parlour because Q123456 is the generic Wikidata category for ice
> cream parlours

I thought wikidata tags were for unique objets, which usage I believe
is welcome... If they are applied to categories then it is something
else entirely.

I would agree that the matching of a generic Openstreetmap tag to a
Wikidata identifier is Wikidata's business... But then maybe a
Wikidata-centric view of the model will consider it is Openstreetmap's
business...