[OSM-talk] Links from wiki* back into OSM (was: Overlapping brands)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 11:28:17 UTC 2017

> On 28/09/2017 09:28, Jo wrote:
> Many mappers (especially those with a first language that doesn't use many
> Greek roots) will I suspect struggle with what "name:etymology:wikidata"
> actually means.

maybe, but they could look it up. If their first language doesn't use Latin
roots they will also have to look up "name".
While I don't want to endorse this specific tag, I don't think we should
criticize it based on the tag name (which IMHO is quite precise and
self-explanatory). Yes, if you completely miss any european cultural
background, all tags are difficult (and this is not limited to the word
"etymology").

Cheers,
Martin