[OSM-talk] QA bots commenting on changesets - your thoughts?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Apr 4 14:53:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 04/04/18 10:44, Michał Brzozowski wrote:
> What do you think about it? Are such bots useful or not?

The bot programmer must take extreme care not to make their bot an
annoyance. In my opinion this would include:

* do not message the same person twice about the same kind of problem

* at the very least allow mappers to "opt out" of bot messaging, or
ideally use an opt-in where when someone submits a changeset, they don't
only tick "I would like someone to review my changeset" but also "I am
willing to receive automated messages about this changeset"

Bye
Frederik