[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] ODbL text

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Apr 8 12:12:47 UTC 2018

Am 08.04.2018 um 13:30 schrieb James:
> why not host it on the osmf website?

Because we don't own the domain (which is what most references to the
actual text use) and are not the curators of the licence (aka we could
in principle simply covertly change the text of the license, having a
third party publish the text is in principle a good idea for such reasons).

Simon

PS: that doesn't mean that having our own clean copy as a backup
wouldn't be a good idea, but IMHO the pointer to archive.org is probably
the best of all bad solutions right now.