[OSM-talk] today's tragic helicopter accident in Bavaria

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Apr 11 10:08:57 UTC 2018

Martin,

The OSM map is being used in a professional context on transportation.
For example, very efficient Stockholm public transport system map:
https://sl.se/en/ . I used this website myself while staying in
Stockholm. I had to visit quite a few cities, but I never saw anything
even remotely close by usefulness and efficiency to Stockholm public
transport. Basically, one builds his/her life around this map over-there.

As for the military, I saw a documentary about a modern military system,
and there was on display of this system unmistakeably the OSM map.

We tend to underestimate the technology available on our smartphones
(including the OSM based maps). For example, I could find my lost
smartphone even in another city in minutes, but some lost planes,
helicopters, or RPAS are being searched for months or even years.

Best regards,
Oleksiy