[OSM-talk] no_feature_tag_nodes

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 13 08:06:18 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-13 09:52, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> sent from a phone
>
>> On 13. Apr 2018, at 08:54, Jack Armstrong Dancer at sprynet.com
>> <jacknstacy at sprynet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, that's it, but where is it written? ;)
>
> Josm validator warnings are often about problems that are not
> explicitly described and sometimes I also don’t agree they are a
> problem (exceptionally, mostly they work), it’s up to the mapper to
> decide, they are just hints about eventual problems.

I think the issue is foremost that it is nowhere written down what this
message exactly is so it is difficult to make the judgement what do do
with it.
For instance the OSMI page about address checks [1] nicely lists error
messages but the page about tagging errors [2] only describes possible
messages and for water [3] there is not even that.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Inspector/Views/Addresses
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Inspector/Views/Tagging
[3] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Inspector/Views/Water

Regards,