[OSM-talk] no_feature_tag_nodes

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Sat Apr 14 08:15:30 UTC 2018

Hi Maarten,

I am the developer of that layer.

Am 13.04.2018 um 07:20 schrieb Maarten Deen:
> On 2018-04-13 05:02, Jack Armstrong Dancer at sprynet.com wrote:
>> OSM Inspector tags some individual address nodes as errors. For
>> example, these nodes located inside the lateral boundaries of
>> buildings:
>>
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?node=5438712543#map=19/39.68899/-104.86454
>>

>> I guess I'm reading it wrong, but I can't seem to locate anything
>> specifically on the wiki that refers to this. Is there some
>> documentation I can refer to which addresses this specific situation?
>
> Maybe it's complaining about the description tag without having some
> other tag to indicate what this node is?

Jochen answered the question already.

That's the reason.

Node 5438712543 has a description tag. That tag should only be used if
the object represents something on the ground. If the node had a proper
feature tag (e.e. shop=*, amenity=*), it would be ok. However, your node
is just an address with a description.

The aim of the view is to find objects (usually POIs) lacking proper
tagging added by newbies and objects added by low-quality SEO spammers.

The list of good and bad tags can be found on the wiki or you look it up
in the source code.
https://github.com/geofabrik/osmi_simple_views/blob/master/src/tagging_view_handler.cpp#L360
I did a few iterations when I developed that view in order to get not
too much false positives. However, I don't know all "good" tags. So
please write an email to info at geofabrik.de or create an issue on GitHub
or create a pull request if you think that a tag is missing.

Best regards

Michael