[OSM-talk] highway=* + area=yes vs area:highway=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:25:06 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 8. Aug 2018, at 12:49, Tomasz Wójcik <tomox3 at wp.pl> wrote:
>
> Due to our rules, that we shouldn't have 2 active tagging schemes for the same feature, so we should discuss this topic.

can you point me to this rule? Is it documented somewhere? While I agree it is preferable to not have different tags for the exact same meaning, it is still occurring with a fee tags and there isn’t a huge problem with it (compared to having the same tag with different intended meaning).

Btw: in the beginning it was rather common to have different values with the same meaning, e.g. yes, true and 1.

Cheers,
Martin