[OSM-talk] Is it technically and legally possible to add the Open Location Code to the OSM search?

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:34:06 UTC 2018

Op za 11 aug. 2018 om 11:24 schreef mmd <mmd.osm at gmail.com>:

> With all due respect, I think we've long crossed that point:
>
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/KSJ2%3Alat
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/ngbe%3Alat_ed50
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/gns%3ALAT
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/latitude
>
> If you look at the distribution on the map for the first 3, they are all
in 'clusters'. It shouldn't be too hard to remove them, but given that it
would require going through the hassle of requesting permission, I don't
see who would care enough to do that.

It would be easier to simply add them to JOSM's  list of keys it will
discard upon upload.

Polyglot.

PS: Roland, would it make sense to add a possibility to the Overpass API to
'generate' these "addresses"'on-the-fly?