[OSM-talk] Is it technically and legally possible to add the Open Location Code to the OSM search?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sat Aug 11 11:04:38 UTC 2018

On 8/11/2018 1:35 AM, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
> And they will not start putting up signs of the Plus-Codes outside their
> house unless the OpenStreetMap community accept this technology.

    What would actually happen in these locations?  Do they bring up the
web site https://www.openstreetmap.org and use that?

> This
> was a minor experimental import for a small remote town Zeze in the
> United Republic of Tanzania. Nothing happened.

    I see that it has been reverted, but what happened in the 3 months
since the data was placed there.   Was there a plan to use and evaluate
the system?

   The community generally seems open to the idea of adding them to
tools and apps that end users use, although not yet for certain on the
main OSM web site which has the purpose of mapping assistance.