[OSM-talk] Fwd: 2 Great Lakes missing

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon Aug 13 12:54:58 UTC 2018

On Monday 13 August 2018, SelfishSeahorse wrote:

> Thanks for the tip; I din't think of it. Actually my computer had
> more difficulties to calculate that i had to find the errors. :-)

Note checking this kind of errors on large multipolygons is not really
that difficult.  For each of the big lakes that is a few dozen MB of
download via overpass API and then a few seconds with osmium to
assemble the multipolygon.  You can easily set this up to run on a
daily basis to check a few lakes you want to keep an eye on.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/