[OSM-talk] Is it technically and legally possible to add the Open Location Code to the OSM search?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:54:58 UTC 2018

Currently if I wish to send a letter or a package to someone I send it to
John Smith @ 110 main street.

OLC codes replaces 110 main street but it does have limitations but John
smith @ OLC code should get it close enough to be delivered.

The other issue is there are just the odd one or two buildings mapped in
the map that do not match an exact building outline.  I've definitely seen
one tagged with a HOT project tag line.

I suspect  these may be problematic but there again if the OLC code gets us
fairly close it might well be good enough.

Cheerio John