[OSM-talk] Community Data License Agreement – Permissive and ODbL?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Aug 22 20:58:39 UTC 2018

Naturally OSM has a wider remit overall, but it is completely clear that
mapzen was trying to replace OSM as the go to source for global place
(and POIs) locations and names.

We are not perfect and there are things that we could do better to
improve our competitive position, in particular mapping of places (that
are  not administrative entities) as areas is still not really well
worked out.

Simon