[OSM-talk] Representing places with no housenumber

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:10:21 UTC 2018

On 23/08/18 09:18, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> On Thursday 23 August 2018, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
>> Usually the places without a housenumber here have some kind of
>> intrinsic distinctiveness/uniqueness.
>> For example, an airport located in a road (there won't be 2 airports
>> at the same road), some big industries/factories, an university
>> campus, parks, places related to the government, etc.
> Ok, if the address is essentially "The airport on X-street" or "The
> government office on Y-street" then i think the type of feature is part
> of the address and this needs to be indicated in tagging somehow.  And
> And I don't think the fact that there is no house number needs to be
> specifically indicated then.

Usually that 'uniquess' is given by the name.

The lack of a house number should be indicated so other mappers don't
waste time looking for it.

The indication of the lack of a house number may then be used by renders
to include the name as part of the address,

rather than duplicate the name entry as addr:name=.