[OSM-talk] Ground truth for non-physical objects

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:38:37 UTC 2018

2018-12-11, an, 13:27 Jochen Topf rašė:
> It seems you haven't understood the on-the-ground rule 5 years ago and
> you still haven't. For all intents and purposes there is such an
> address. Mail will arrive there, people can find the house when looking
> for it.

  Mail will not arrive there as mail will be stopped in post-office
because of incorrect (not existing) address.
  People will not find such address in any IT solution.
  Such "address" is the same as "the red house on the corner with
small pool in front of it".
  If someone puts a label "Military academy" on their house, would we
map it as an actual military academy?

  This whole topic is to clear up what "ground rule" actually means
for non-physical objects. But so far I'm not successful in avoiding
getting drowned in questionable micro-examples with subjective
explanations.