[OSM-talk] Board decision on Crimea complaint

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Dec 11 13:12:58 UTC 2018

W dniu 11.12.2018 o 13:26, Christoph Hormann pisze:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2018, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> That’s why we need a method in OSM to say which countries recognize a
>> country/border, as it seems the most objective representation.
> Which would mean the end of OSM verifiability as intersubjective
> verifiability based on observations in the real world in favor of
> Wikipedia verifiability based on 'reliable sources'.

I have no clear answer how to solve borders problem, but that sounds
like FUD for me (using emotionally loaded claims not backed by evidence
to push or block something) and I'm against this kind of arguing. OSM is
not "all or nothing" game.

For example I don't believe "name:en=Crimean Peninsula" is observable in
this place, but I don't think anybody would complain against it, because
we already do rely on some sources other than real world (meant as a
ground truth). And that did not end other ways of verification yet.

--
"Excuse me, I have some growing up to do" [P. Gabriel]