[OSM-talk] Ground truth for non-physical objects

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Wed Dec 12 16:01:50 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 05:56:51PM +0200, Tomas Straupis wrote:
> Germany is not the "whole world". If you have multiple datasets for
> addresses then you have to decide, and physical check could be the solution
> for your country because of registry collision, whatever German community
> decides.
>
> In Lithuania there is one and only one official source for ANY official
> dataset. Process, owner and access is approved by law.

Exactly - there is one OFFICIAL source - There are hundrets of others.

Where is the body removing numbers just beeing put up by residents
because they see fit?

Does the police or other state body remove the physical address
from the public space? I dont know of any country where this happens
which means there is an OFFICIAL dataset which is typically to sparse
to be usable by people.

Flo