[OSM-talk] Ground truth for non-physical objects

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:01:16 UTC 2018

2018-12-12, tr 19:18 Richard Fairhurst rašė:

> Tomas Straupis wrote:
> > Ad absurdum argument: can you invent your own street name or even
> > placename and expect post, police, ambulance, firefighters, taxi to
> > arrive (on time or at all)?
>
> Sure, in the UK, you could do that and I know people who have done so. If
> you invent a street name here in Charlbury and then post a letter to it,
> Carla the post-lady will ask around until she finds out where the street is
> (or until she sees the sign you've erected), and then she'll deliver you
> the
> letter. A working postcode will speed the process up but isn't absolutely
> necessary.

Cool. We live in a stone age down here in Lithuania. I cannot ask pizza guy
to deliver me beer to Ipaville, Humulupulus street number "-42 babalas".
(For some Afrikaans taste)

And still... this proves my point of multiple non agreeable subjective
opinions with inconsistent final result and extremely unnecessary hard
means of collecting information. In environment, where absolute majority of
info about non physical objects is collected by using official documents...

Say this, do that...