[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Candidate's views? Re: Board decision on Crimea complaint

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:53:43 UTC 2018

On 11/12/2018 13:45, Manfred A. Reiter wrote:

> [...]
>
> The decision of the DWG was absolutely correct according to the rules
> that OSM imposed on itself.
>
> I think the board here is opening Pandora's box. It will certainly be
> interesting to see how all the controversial areas will be judged from
> now on.

Given that there will be effectively a "new board" after Saturday I
think that it's only fair to let them get their feet under the table
first, but there clearly will be pressure from the community once they
have done that to release the more comprehensive statement that was
promised in
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2018-December/081781.html .

Without knowing on what basis this board decision to create an exception
to the OSM norm was reached it's difficult to generalise from it and
understand how it might apply in other edge cases.

Best Regards,

Andy (a member of the DWG, but sending this in a personal capacity)