[OSM-talk] OSM and Microgrants, an independent OSM project needs your support now

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:35:43 UTC 2018

Dear friends,

The topic of OSMF and Microgrants is a long discussion. Let us look
forward to having that discussion.

But in the meantime, there is an independent OSM project trying to
raise 1000 British Pounds in the next week or so to save some Topo
maps from disappearing down the memory hole.

You know the person, or probably should know the person, Grant Slater,
aka firefishy, a long time member of the OSM Ops team.

Please take a few minutes to read what Grant is doing and if you are
at all able, donate to his project, any amount helps.

https://www.gofundme.com/namibian-topographic-maps

Grant is asking for relatively little support for those that are able
and I think we should just pitch in and help him get it done. It is an
important project and it is a way to support Grant after all of the
support he has given us, whether you know him or not, he has made your
OSM experience possible.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the year where ever they may be.

Respectfully,
Blake