[OSM-talk] Grab using OSM Data for route preview

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Dec 22 11:06:24 UTC 2018

Just to explain what we are planning: the current attribution guidance
on the OSMF website and on openstreetmap.org mostly goes back to before
2012 and there have only been some tweaks to the texts since them.

This on the one hand makes it difficult to find statements that we have
made on aspects of attribution that have cropped up since then (for
example the icon click to show attribution) and on the other hand it
doesn't take the myriad of use cases and technology changes that have
cropped up since then (just think about screen sizes for mobile devices)
in to account.

But even with new material it needs to be clear that the purpose of the
guidelines is to outline "safe" ways to provide appropriate attribution
and not to be an exhaustive list of all ways to so so.

Simon