[OSM-talk] Nominatim on the main page

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Feb 18 17:34:14 UTC 2018

In the diatribe (no disrespect meant, since it did bring up some relevant
points that we can use constructively, simply a description of the tone)
that emacsen posted last week that we've surely all read by now, he does
bring up one point that I think we can work on for fairly immediate
improvement.

On the OSM homepage, can we use the visible area (or maybe that plus an
exploded offset to a larger surrounding bounds) as a bonding box to be
passed to Nominatim for some context when searching?  This animation really
drives the problem home.

https://gfycat.com/NiceImperturbableCatfish